DIY Citrus Garland
Homemade ornaments are always more lovely and sentimental than their store-bought counterparts. But a homemade garland? Now, that's the sort of ambition we love to see!
Make the Garland:
You'll need navel and blood oranges, parchment paper, two cookie sheets, jute or natural twine, a skewer or nail, and decorative hooks.
1. Preheat oven to 250°F.
2. Cut oranges crosswise into 1/4-inch slices (four oranges make a six-foot garland).
3. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Pat orange slices dry with paper towels, and place them on cookie sheets in a single layer.
4. Bake for approximately 3 hours or until dry. (To ensure the slices dry flat, turn them over at the midway mark.) Remove from oven.
5. Using a skewer or nail, poke two holes into the top of each orange slice.
6. Thread twine through each hole, evenly spacing the oranges on the garland. Tie off each end with a loop, and hang from hooks.